klicksafe asks...(3): Is Dark Social a threat to our democracy?
"Dark Social" is a buzzword that is haunting the news coverage of disinformation and conspiracy narratives. We want to look at what the phenomenon of "dark social" is actually about and what effects it has on the information behavior of teenagers and young adults. Leonie Wunderlich from the Leibniz Institute for Media Research | Hans Bredow Institute will help us answer this question. In a study, she examined the news competence of teenagers and young adults in the digital media world.
- #UseTheNews - Study on the News Competence of Adolescents and Young Adults in the Digital Media World
- Further information on the #UseTheNews project
- Article from The Atlantic, which gave its name to the "dark social" phenomenon in 2012
- klicksafe topic area: Disinformation and opinion
- klicksafe teaching material: Shaping opinion in the digital world
How can I listen to the podcast?
Option 1: Click "Download" and download the mp3 file.
Option 2: Right-click on "Download" and select "Open in new tab". Your browser will then play the file in the new tab.
Option 3: Visit https://klicksafe-fragt.podigee.io. There you can stream all episodes released so far.
Option 4: All episodes of "klicksafe asks ..." are also available on the well-known podcast portals(Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, Apple Podcasts, etc.). Simply search for "klicksafe asks ..." in your preferred service.