klicksafe asks ... (7): Do we have a problem with media addiction?
"You're an addict!" - is an accusation that some children and young people have probably been confronted with when it comes to their media use. And indeed, computer game addiction is now recognized as a disease. We discussed why it is important to take a differentiated look at the concept of "media addiction" that is oriented toward children's lifeworlds with Torsten Krause from the Deutsches Kinderhilfswerk e.V. (German Children's Aid Association ).
Links to the episode:
- Deutsches Kinderhilfswerk e.V.: Position paper "Du bist doch süchtig!"
- Deutsches Kinderhilfswerk e.V.: Children's Report Germany 2021
- Deutsches Kinderhilfswerk e.V.: Children's rights in the digital world
- Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices: Information on the ICD-11
- Digitalverband Bitkom: "Simply switch off" survey
- klicksafe topic area Digital Wellbeing
- klicksafe topic area Digital Games - Addiction & Dependency
How can I listen to the podcast?
Option 1: Click "Download" and download the mp3 file.
Option 2: Right-click on "Download" and select "Open in new tab". Your browser will then play the file in the new tab.
Option 3: Visit https://klicksafe-fragt.podigee.io. There you can stream all episodes released so far.
Option 4: All episodes of "klicksafe asks ..." are also available on the well-known podcast portals(Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, Apple Podcasts, etc.). Simply search for "klicksafe asks ..." in your preferred service.