klicksafe asks... (8): Are we losing our children on the net?
Children and young people are confronted directly and without being asked with violence, pornography or racism via their smartphones. In the book "Wir verlieren unsere Kinder!" ("We are losing our children!"), principal Silke Müller reports on her observations of this issue. And she appeals to parents, educational professionals and politicians to create the basis for a values-oriented media education. In this podcast episode, we talk in detail about the book with Silke Müller and Birgit Kimmel, head of the EU initiative klicksafe. What effect does content harmful to minors have on adolescents? And what changes are needed in the context of media education and school pedagogy to counter such content? Listen in now to "klicksafe asks... Are we losing our children online?"!
- Book by Silke Müller "We are losing our children!"
- klicksafe teaching unit "Our rules for class chat"
- klicksafe poster "Our rules for the class chat
- klicksafe handbook "Ethics makes click. Values-Navi for digital life"
- klicksafe teaching material "Ethics makes click. Forming opinions in the digital world".
- klicksafe info brochure for young people "The 10 commandments of digital ethics".
How can I listen to the podcast?
Option 1: Click "Download" and download the mp3 file.
Option 2: Right-click on "Download" and select "Open in new tab". Your browser will then play the file in the new tab.
Option 3: Visit https://klicksafe-fragt.podigee.io. There you can stream all episodes released so far.
Option 4: All episodes of "klicksafe asks ..." are also available on the well-known podcast portals(Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, Apple Podcasts, etc.). Simply search for "klicksafe asks ..." in your preferred service.