YouTube has become an indispensable part of young people's lives. The platform offers many opportunities - such as the deepening of school content through learning videos - but also harbors some risks. The teaching material developed in cooperation with Handysektor also provides information about critical aspects, such as unrestrained consumption, the influence of advertising, and problematic role models in terms of political opinion-forming or body image.
The material is recommended for use in grades 6 and up. In addition to information texts, the teaching material offers four project suggestions:
- Project 1: YouTube and you
- Project 2: Influencing you?
- Project 3: I want to be a YouTube star!
- Project 4: Our own learning video
- Video: "Inside of emptiness" (Download MP4 via right click) courtesy of Timm Mohn & Group | Video "Inside of emptiness" on YouTube (without German subtitles)
- Video: explanatory video "knotting a bracelet