The Professional Association of Data Protection Officers in Germany (BvD) e.V. invites filmmakers, TV authors and videographers to the second round of the Data Protection Media Award (DAME). Interested can apply until November 01, 2018 for the award, which is endowed with 3,000 euros, for moving image productions that vividly explain data protection.
The aim of the award is to honor films, videos or clips that present the complex content of data protection topics in an understandable way for a target group. Young people and youth groups can also apply with videos or clips they have made themselves.
"Videos are an important information medium today, and not just for young people," said BvD board member Thomas Spaeing. "With our DAME, we want to encourage filmmakers and video authors to disseminate data protection topics on video channels and thus contribute to the clarification of complex data protection issues."
For the final round, the five-member jury of data protection and media experts will nominate three submissions and invite them to the festive awards ceremony in Berlin, where it will announce the winner or winners. The gala will take place as part of the BvD Association Days on June 5-6, 2019.
The jury consists of:
- Birgit Kimmel, educational director of the EU initiative klicksafe at the Rhineland-Palatinate State Agency for Media and Communication
- Klaus Müller, Director of the Federation of German Consumer Organizations (vzbv)
- Frederick Richter, Director of Stiftung Datenschutz (Data Protection Foundation)
- Thomas Spaeing, Director of the Professional Association of Data Protection Officers in Germany (BvD)
- Barbara Thiel, State Commissioner for Data Protection of Lower Saxony.
- Application documents DAME Award 2018 as well as the winners of the DAME Award 2017: www.bvdnet.de/datenschutzmedienpreis
- klicksafe article: "Data protection goes rap" on the DAME special prize winner 2017
- Topic data protection on klicksafe
- Data protection goes to school - Work material collection for teachers
- klicksafe to go teaching material: "Data set - data treasure? Why data protection and data security are important"