The material package is divided into four modules, each of which - based on the young people's own media usage behavior - addresses relevant content of online usage and makes it transparent. The aim of the unit is to enable young people to move competently and self-determinedly in their online worlds.
In this way, "Media in Schools" supports teachers in guiding their students in the use of their key media, sensitizing them to dangers and teaching them possible courses of action.
The teaching material at a glance
- A total of 23 worksheets and material sheets
- Methodological diversity and use of media tools for integrating digital media into lessons
- Theoretical and self-reflective content as well as practical tasks; for example:
- Creation of a personal media lesson plan and questionnaire on online communication
- Quizzes on current terms in media development
- Become asearch professional with the search rally worksheet
- First aid measures to Topic cyberbullying get to know
- Creating (digital) collages on influencers and media stereotypes
- Application of a traffic light graphic for problematic behavior on the net
Target groups and possible applications
- Flexibility of the teaching material: use both in Sek. I (from the 7th grade) and II (from the 4th grade)
- Different methodological suggestions and content depending on the level of the class
- Individual teaching topics can be combined with a wide range of teaching subjects
- Free use and editing through free licenses (CC-BY-SA) and open documents (OER).