The 25th Media Award ceremony took place today in Munich, where a total of 14 providers received an award. The media educational institution SIN - Studio im Netz awarded the products selected by the jury. In doing so, it not only honors the innovative ideas of the companies, but also provides parents and educators with a list of recommendations as a guide.
The 2022 award winners at a glance
Offerings for children
- Adventure Rainforest (Abenteuer Regenwald e.V.), website
- Abgespaced - Space from A to Z (Stiftung Planetarium Berlin), podcast
- APICO (TNgineers / Whitethorn Games), game for Switch and Steam
- Audio Adventure (Fox & Sheep), app for Android and iOS
- Gibbon - Beyond the Trees (Broken Rules), game for Switch, Steam and Apple Arcade
Offerings for teens
- Beyond Blue (E-Line Media), game for Switch, PlayStation, Xbox and Steam
- Endling - Extinction is Forever (HandyGames / Herobeat Studios), game for Switch and Steam
- EXIT - The Curse of Ophir (United Soft Media / Nementic Games), app for Android and iOS
- Heeyleonie (Leonie Schöler), TikTok channel
- Patrick's Parabox (Patrick Traynor), game for Steam
- Say What (MDR / funk / Hoferichter & Jacobs), YouTube channel
Offerings for pedagogical practice
- Candli (Enlightware), online software
- Glass Threads (Causa Creations / ASA FF), app for Android and iOS
- Online cinemas of the School of Seeing (DOK.fest Munich, DOK.education), website
Portrait of the award winners
Video portraits of the award-winning products can be seen in this playlist on YouTube. A PDF brochure with jury statements is available for download and further information about the award can be found at pädagogischer-medienpreis.de.
About the 2022 Pedagogical Media Award
A new category has been created for the anniversary of the media award: In addition to products for children and young people, offers for educational practice will now also be awarded. This year, these are the game-creating software Candli, the interactive historical comic Glasfäden and the online cinema rooms of DOK.fest München's Schule des Sehens.
The award ceremony of the Pedagogical Media Award 2022 took place today in the cultural center Gasteig HP8 in Munich in front of about 200 young and old visitors*. After the award ceremony, the audience had the opportunity to test the winning titles and talk to the company representatives. The event is held annually as part of the "Interaktiv-Medienherbst München" (Interactive Media Autumn Munich), with the kind support of the Department of Culture and the Department of Education and Sports of the City of Munich.
The SIN - Studio on the Net
The SIN - Studio im Netz is a media educational institution for children and youth cultural work. It supports children, young people, adults and educational professionals in the competent use of digital media and has been campaigning for self-determined participation in our digitalized society since 1996.
In our Digital Games section, we offer information and materials about games in everyday family life. There you will find information on the topics of addiction and dependency, youth media protection, and educational game assessments.