Holding products up to the camera, taking a tour of their own children's room, passing challenges: This is the everyday life of many children's YouTube influencers. Behind the little stars are entire families who help to ensure that the channel is and remains successful. In many cases, the YouTube channel is a guarantee for a secure family income. A hobby quickly turns into a business, which is apparently especially successful when the videos provide deep insights into the private lives of the protagonists. jugendschutz.net took a look at Germany's most successful children's and family channels on YouTube and discovered something alarming: All of the examined appearances contained indications of massive violations of the children's personal rights.
More on the topic
- klicksafe news article: Children's influencers on YouTube - a controversial success model
- klicksafe topic area: YouTube
- klicksafe infographic: Earning potential of a YouTube star
- W&V.de: Mini YouTube stars: The children's influencers
- Internet guide for parents: My child wants to become a YouTuber - now what?