Once again this year, the Gesellschaft für Medienpädagogik und Kommunikationskultur e.V. (GMK) together with the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ) is offering a special prize at the Dieter Baacke Prize.
To the topic of the special price 2019 - "Be cheeky and wild and wonderful!" - projects can still be developed specifically. The special prize is endowed with € 2,000. Applications for all categories can be submitted continuously until July 31.
For "Be bold and wild and wonderful!", media education projects can be submitted that:
- empower children and young people in an original way, promote their individual expression and personality development, and enable them to participate in society in a participatory way;
- encourage them to take a stand on media or to develop visions of a digitally shaped society;
- address and break up "weak" structures through media education;
- using the Peer2Peer approach to make children and young people strong for their peers.
The categories of the Dieter Baacke Prize:
- Projects by and with children
- Projects by and with young people
- Intercultural and international projects
- Intergenerative and integrative media projects
- Projects with a special networking character
- Special award 2019 (annually changing theme): "Be bold and wild and wonderful"
The Dieter Baacke Prize is awarded by the GMK and the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ) to exemplary educational, social and cultural projects throughout Germany. The aim is to honor and publicize outstanding media education projects and methods of active media work that teach children, young people and families a creative, critical approach to media and thus promote media use and the development of media literacy.
The prize is endowed with a total of €12,000, which will be awarded in the six categories.
- Info, categories, application: www.dieter-baacke-preis.de
- Prize winner 2018: www.dieter-baacke-preis.de/preistraeger/aktuelle-preistraeger