With over half a million channel subscriptions on YouTube, Michels, better known as Tomatolix, is one of Germany's most popular web video content creators. He regularly publishes reports on socially relevant topics on his channel. He has also dealt with the topic of data protection in the past. He was recently awarded the DAME 2019 data protection media prize for his video contribution"Das weiß das Internet über dich".
The video"So wirst Du zum Internet-Profi" ("How to become an Internet professional") published today raises awareness of topics such as social engineering and data security with phrases such as "Think before you click" or "Watch out for your data". Cyber bullying and copyright are also briefly and clearly addressed. Michels was commissioned to create the video by the initiative"Datenschutz geht zur Schule" ("Data Protection Goes to School") of the Berufsverband der Datenschutzbeauftragten Deutschlands e. V. ("Professional Association ofData Protection Officers in Germany"), which promotes the video together with klicksafe and also publishes an accompanying info card with the most important five tips.
There is also a worksheet available free of charge for using the video in the classroom, which will also be included in the 4th edition of the teachers' handbook of the "Data Protection Goes to School" initiative (to be published in late summer 2020). The volume of around 330 pages provides teachers with materials that can be used to teach clear and simple rules of conduct when dealing with their personal data online, in social media and on their smartphones.
- Full file: How to become an Internet pro (mp4; size: 195 MB).
- Single clip: Cybercrime (mp4)
- Single clip: Privacy (mp4)
- Single clip: Hate comments (mp4)
- Individual clip: Think first, then click (mp4)
- Single clip: Copyright (mp4)
- Worksheet: "How to become an Internet professional
- Info card: "How to become an Internet professional".
Schools can also request the info card in print form at dsgzs☞ Please insert an @ here ☜bvdnet☞ Please insert a dot here ☜de.
- Press release from the Berufsverband der Datenschutzbeauftragten Deutschlands e. V. (Professional Association of Data Protection Officers in Germany)
- klicksafe news: Data Protection Media Award 2019 presented
- klicksafe flyer "Our tips for digital (over)life"
- klicksafe for young people
- klicksafe video series #YourControl
- klicksafe topic area: data protection