In cooperation with the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority, klicksafe organized a specialist and press event at ZDF in Mainz on 6 February. Under the title "Let's talk about porn! Pornography on the net" experts in sex and media education, youth media protection, politics and science discussed where child protection must apply and when education is necessary. The event was well attended with over 100 participants. Together with pro familia Munich, klicksafe offered workshops for ninth-grade students. Topics such as body image, sexuality, attitudes towards pornography and the legal situation were covered in a protected space. Two panel discussions addressed the question of how we can effectively protect children from content that is harmful to minors. And how we can provide young people with educational support and information.
Many institutions, associations and private individuals also supported Safer Internet Day 2024 online. For example, by posting pictures of individual events and information on the topic of pornography use. All posts with the hashtags #SID24 and #SID2024 are archived on our social media wall.
256 events and campaigns throughout Germany were registered at for Safer Internet Day. Most of them took place on February 6. These included online events, workshops at schools and social media campaigns. We would like to thank everyone who campaigned for a better Internet on Safer Internet Day! Some of the events will continue to take place over the next few days. Take a look at our event overview is still worthwhile now.
On Safer Internet Day, all interested parties were able to ask their questions on the topic of "Let's talk about porn" between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm. The experts from the German Safer Internet Center (klicksafe, Nummer gegen Kummer, jugendschutz.net, eco e.V., and FSM) answered incoming questions live in the Q&A-Chat. Sex education questions were answered by experts from pro familia Munich and sexologist Magdalena Heinzl. Around 100 questions on the topics of sexuality, sex education and the protection of children and young people were answered on Safer Internet Day.
Safer Internet Day 2024 was featured in many television programs, on radio stations, in newspapers and on websites. The reporting often focused on the national theme of the year "Let's talk about porn! Pornography on the net". But it also covered many other aspects of online safety. Here you will find a small selection of articles that are available online. This list is not exhaustive and only shows a small selection of the coverage throughout Germany.
- 3Sat: NANO - Report on Safer Internet Day
- ZDF: Morgenmagazin - Safer Internet Day "Stay in touch"
- RNF: Let's Talk about Porno: How children can be protected from pornography
- Sat.1: 17:30 - Safer Internet Day
- Deutschlandfunk: Stefanie Rack on the klicksafe initiative "Let's talk about porn"
- Antenne Brandenburg: Safer Internet Day
- WDR: Safer Internet Day: How can children be protected from porn?
- Die Rheinpfalz: How parents can make their children's smartphones safer
Selected press releases on Safer Internet Day 2024
- klicksafe: Safer Internet Day 2024: klicksafe raises awareness about pornography online
- Commission for the Protection of Minors in the Media (KJM): Pornography on the internet: Experts call for age-appropriate protection
- Federal Center for Child and Youth Media Protection (BzKJ): Confrontation with pornography: Potential dangers from the perspective of the BzKJ
- The media authorities: Don't leave sexual education to porn websites